Top 5 Reasons Why Video Needs to Be Part of Your 2020 Marketing Plan
One thing that all businesses need to get right in 2020 is their marketing plan. After all, it does not matter what industry you operate in, marketing effectively is imperative. Competition is fiercer than it ever has been, and so you need to do everything in your power to make sure that your business stands out for all of the right reasons. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the different reasons why video needs to be part of your marketing campaign in 2020.
- Video can enhance SEO – There is only one place to begin when it comes to video marketing, and this is with the fact that it enhances SEO. There was a recent study that was carried out by HubSpot that showed that 65 percent of company executives stated that they viewed a marketing site once they viewed a branded video. This displays how you can increase viewer engagement with high-quality video content. Some tips when it comes to videos for SEO include creating high-quality thumbnails, transcribing your video script, and keeping your videos short.
- Video can be shared – Secondly, social video will get 1200 per cent more shares when combined with image and text content combined. That’s a lot! Videos are more shareable because they are entertaining and they also deliver a lot of practical value, for instance, through providing hacks, tips, and tracks. If you want to get word out about your brand on social media, video is the best way to do so. You will find that your followers end up sharing your videos, which means they are effectively advertising for you. It’s a great way to speed up the success of your marketing efforts.
- Videos lead to more conversions – Adding a video to your landing page can enhance conversions by 80 percent or more. You can replace an image with a video on your landing page and it is extremely likely that you will see conversions increase. This is because videos provide more information when it comes to a service or a product than what you will get with text.
- Video is captivating – Video is also recommended because it will keep a viewer’s attention more than text is going to do. This is because video combines visual sense and auditory sense. In basic terms, noise and movement are brought together – two things that definitely catch our attention!
- Video keeps users on pages longer – Last but not least, users will stay on a page longer with video. Data published in a Forbes article stated that the typical user spends 88 per cent more time on a site that features a video. There are a number of reasons why this is the case, yet the main reason is because videos are more entertaining than reading text.
As you can see, there are many benefits that are associated with adding video to your marketing campaign in 2020. We hope that this has helped you to understand how you can propel your marketing campaign to the next level by investing highly in video.
© The Digital Ladder. All rights reserved. Company number: 11987654.